A shout out to all our fellow creative chums across the capital, this summer Here 2013, a one-day symposium of talks and experiments featuring world-renowned thinkers and makers across the globe, is coming to the Royal Geographical Society.
Lovingly curated by the folks at It’s Nice, it boasts an impressively inspiring line-up for the constantly curious:
- Award winning director/performer/designer and“Willy Wonka of design and science” Nelly Ben Hayoun
- Britain’s very own Adam Buxton, comedian, writer, director, actor and, of course, one half of Adam and Joe
- Directors Luis Cerveró, Nicolás Méndez and Lope Serrano, AKA Spanish Collective Canada
- Es Devlin, a stage and costume designer with a hefty, high-profile portfolio which includes the likes of MTV, Lady Gaga, Muse and even the London 2012 Olympics
- Wayne Hemingway, co-founder of fashion label Red or Dead and the HemingwayDesign agency
- “Set designer-cum-illustrator-cum-art director-cum-artist” and Central Saint Martin’s alumni Sarah Illenberger
- Erik Kessels, creative director of Amsterdam based communications agency KesselsKramer
- London-dwelling graphic artist and art director Kate Moross, founder of Studio Moross which works with clients including Nike, The Guardian and Nokia
- Vice-president of Pantone Color Institute, a body for colour research, Laurie Pressman
- Transatlantic straddler Andy Rementer, whose talents are that of drawer, cartoonist, painter and animator
- Dutch-Brazilian visual artist Rafaël Rozendaal, explorer of the intricacies of the teh interwebs and mastermind of BYOB (Bring Your Own Beamer)
- Stuart Wood of rAndom International, which is responsible for such innovative artworks and installations such as the highly acclaimed Rain Room
This brilliant explosion of aesthetics and education takes place on Friday 21 June. Think of it as a pleasant summer day trip. For your brain.
Here will take place at the Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, Sw7. Tickets are £115 and include lunch and refreshments. Educational and group discounts are also available. For more information please visit www.here-london.com