Part ‘L’ of our two year mission to visit the best London pubs, alphabetically.
UPDATE: The results are now in.
For the twelfth instalment of our monthly pub crawls, we’re visiting the ancient, maritime areas of Limehouse and Wapping. Unlike our previous trips (see list at bottom), this area has a small number of very special pubs, rather than dozens of lesser drinking dens. So, we can pretty much guess already which places will gather the most votes — but it will be interesting to see the order they come in.
So, please vote for your favourite pubs in Limehouse/Wapping, then we’ll organise a pub crawl round the top four.
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestWappingPub) your favourite pubs in the Limehouse/Wapping area.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a couple of days.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the four most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- How far the geographic area of Wapping/Limehouse extends is entirely up to you…we’re not going to precisely define it.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s and Mayfair
- K = Kennington and Oval
Get the Londonist Book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint.