If you've ever dreamed of being in a rock 'n' roll band or a symphony orchestra but have never had any musical training, here's a chance to find out if your inner axe legend, shower room singer, desktop drummer or virtual virtuoso is anything more than a daydream. Take a free taster class with a proper music teacher and see if you've got talent.
Learn to Play Day sees music shops and institutions offer free classes to adults and children. Just book your place, turn up and try. Here's just some of what's going on in London:
- Chappell of Bond Street in Soho will again have Al Murray giving drum lessons to kids but adults can also sign up for Electronic Drum, Digital Piano, Guitar & Ukelele or Violin lessons.
- Spend 15 minutes playing the flute at specialists All Flutes Plus on Warren Street.
- Find out how to properly tickle the ivories at Markson Pianos by Regent's Park in NW1.
- Think you've got rhythm? Have a go on a Drum Kit, Congas, Cajon, Marimba, Xylophone, Vibraphone and Glockenspeil with Bell Percussion in Acton.
- Try Drum Kit, Guitar, Violin, Cello, Ukulele, Congas, Cajon or Bongos at Foote's music shop on Store Street.
- The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Kilburn offers free Guitar, Bass, Drum and Vocal tasters.