- Gary Dobson, jailed for life for murdering Stephen Lawrence, has dropped his appeal.
- Pork DNA has been found in halal chicken sausages served at a Westminster school.
- London needs 88,000 more primary school places for next year.
- More rent rise gloom.
- High Court rules HS2 can go ahead, but probably with bigger compensation payments.
- Boris is in Paris, handing out copies of the Standard and defending bankers.
- Kensington and Chelsea is ending council homes for life and putting tenants on probation.
- A modern recreation of John Snow’s famous cholera map of Soho.
- There’s a demo tomorrow over plans to sell off bits of Whittington Hospital and cut jobs.
- Lambeth Council gets itself confused with Tower Hamlets.
- London Bridge is 40 on Sunday: here’s some newsreel footage of the previous one being taken down.
- The London Review of Books blog turns its eye on Brixton’s gentrification.
- New Yorkers are getting samples of books to their phones on the subway. We’d like that here, please.
© 2015 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do