On 27 January, we're putting on our first ever West End show, bringing a very different kind of star to Leicester Square Theatre. Helen Keen's Spacetacular! will feature TV presenters, space scientists, cosmic comedians, out-of-this-world musicians and what might just turn into the biggest pub quiz ever, all themed around space exploration.
We're asking the audience to bring along space memorabilia, toys, t-shirts or anything else with an off-planet theme. You're also welcome to come along in fancy dress (though it's not mandatory), and we'll have a prize for the best efforts. Think tin foil, lots of.
The line-up looks like this.
- Host: Helen Keen, comedian and star of Radio 4's It Is Rocket Science
- Chris Lintott, astrophysicist from the University of Oxford and co-presenter of The Sky At Night
- Hanny van Arkel, school teacher who discovered a mysterious astronomical object now known as Hanny's Voorwerp
- Kevin Fong, expert on space medicine at UCL, and presenter of Horizon and Space Shuttle: The Final Mission
- Sophia Khan, astrophysicist and former NASA employee
- Honor Hargar, an artist and curator who, among many other things, broadcasts the sounds of outer space
- Gary Delaney, stand-up comedian with some gags about the cosmos.
- Spacedog, music and performance...with robots
- Matt Brown, Londonist editor and co-organiser, who'll be your quizmaster for the evening
Tickets are selling well, but it's a big venue and there's room for a few more intrepid explorers.
Tickets are just £10 for three hours of space-themed fun and fact. Book your tickets here.
Helen Keen's Spacetacular! takes place at Leicester Square Theatre on 27 January 2013. Tickets are £10. Organised in association with Londonist, and with the support of the UK Space Agency.