Every Friday we collate a selection of photos of London based around a specific theme and covering everything from the weather to street photography. We have picked some of our favourite images from the year, see above.
The top five Friday Photos of 2012 (number of views)
- Smart Phones: Londoners staring at mobile devices — this one struck a chord
- London Reflected: famous sites reflected in water or glass
- Canals: diggin’ the waterways of London
- Autumn Sunsets: as long as we gaze on an autumn sunset, we are in paradise…
- Elderly London: wise, proud and often overlooked Londoners
Top Londonist Flickr pool contributors
The majority of the images in this series are drawn from the Londonist Flickr pool, which has over 5,000 members. Nearly 300 of these London photographers have had their images in a Friday Photos post in 2012.
According to our calculations, these photographers were the most prolific contributors to the series this year, with six or more images used throughout 2012. So, big thanks to:
Click here to see the full 2012 line-up. If you have any suggestions for subject matter for The Friday Photos in 2013, let us know in the comments.