On 10 January 2013, London underground railway system celebrates its 150th birthday. To mark the occasion, Londonist is teaming up with London Historians to put on a very special event.
Join us at London Transport Museum where an expert panel will discuss the past, present and future of the Tube:
- Christian Wolmar - leading transport commentator, with plans to run in the 2016 London Mayoral elections
- Mark Mason - author of Walk the Lines
- Annie Mole - author of the popular Going Underground blog
- Gareth Edwards - historian and Editor of transport site London Reconnections
- The panel will be chaired by Matt Brown, editor of Londonist
As well as revealing some of their favourite stories from the Tube's history, our speakers will also be tested with a short Have I Got News For You-style quiz about the underground, and asked to speculate about the future of the Tube. We'll also have plenty of time for Q&A.
Tickets are likely to sell out fast, so get in quick.
London Underground: Past, Present and Future is at London Transport Museum on 10 January, 6.30-8.30pm. Tickets are £10 or £8 for London Historians members.