- Tate Modern Rothko painting vandalised or made more interesting, depending on your sensibilities.
- The Government will bail out the Bomber Command Memorial, whose costs would otherwise be shouldered by veterans.
- Less food, more craft stalls for Lower Marsh market.
- Daily Mail resurfaces the old story about a "mega-mosque" for West Ham (seemingly with no new angle) and, oddly, doesn't attract a single ranty comment.
- The Jimmy Savile Charitable Trust may change its name. We suspect that "may" might actually be a "will very shortly".
- 60 years since London's worst train crash.
- The joys of Dagenham Sunday Market.
- Photos: The nights of Old London.
- The most poignant memorial you'll ever see to Michael Jackson.
Rothko, the Penge years, by Ronald Hackston in the Londonist Flickr pool.