Recommend a good pub or bar in Hampstead or Highgate, then join us on a crawl round the top four.
For part H of our two-year journey around London’s pubs, we’re trying something a little different. The letter H offers an embarrassment of riches for the good-pub seeker: Holborn, Hoxton, Hammersmith, Hamsptead, Highgate, Hornsey, Highbury, Holloway…Harlesden? So we’re going to combine two of the booziest together and seek the best pubs in both Hampstead and Highgate.
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestHampsteadPub or #bestHighgatePub) your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a few days.
- We’ll then arrange a weekend pub crawl later this month around the four most popular choices — two from Hampstead, two from Highgate, with a late afternoon walk across Hampstead Heath between them. You’re welcome to join us.
- You can nominate anywhere in the two areas. How far ‘Hampstead’ and ‘Highgate’ extend is entirely up to you.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
Enjoy a good pub crawl? Grab the Londonist book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint.
The A-Z pub crawl…we’ve found the best pubs in the following places.
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
Image by 2 dogs in the Londonist Flickr pool.