Your final London 2012 heads-up on what’s happening where, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- Watch the Marathon from 8am (free).
- Welcome Nike to Woolwich at 11.15am (free).
- Explore the Mayor's Thames Festival, including the Night Carnival and finale fireworks (free).
- Celebrate the 30th birthday of Sydenham Hill Wood at their Open Day from 12-4.30pm (free)
- Listen out for the Bandstand Marathon in your local park from 1-5pm (free).
- See amazing performances, art and installations at Unlimited at the Southbank Centre.
- Make the most of the last days of Watch This Space Festival outside the National Theatre (free).
- Tune in to the Paralympic Closing Ceremony in Trafalgar Square or on C4 from 7pm.
Check out our weekend post for more ideas.
Stations along the Marathon route, particularly near The Mall, Embankment, Bank, The City and Tower Hill, are expected to be very busy leading up to and after the races.
The Mayor's Thames Festival means that stations north and south of the river between Westminster and Tower Bridge will be busier than usual. The usual warnings about possible busy periods on the Central and Jubilee lines apply and Stratford will be bonkers busy this evening due to the Closing Ceremony.
Check before you travel and consult the daily heat map.
- 8am Athletics - the Marathon (watch out for ParalympicsGB stars David Weir and Shelly Wood)
- 8.30am 7-a Side Football
- 12pm Wheelchair Rugby
- 8.30pm Paralympic Closing Ceremony
These are start times only. See the London2012 site for full schedule.
Temperatures could reach 27 degrees by 3pm tomorrow so protect yourself from the sun and you might want to carry some water if travelling on the tube. It should be a warm and dry evening in Stratford, hoorah! Keep an eye on BBC Weather for the latest.
Where to watch
See our article for big screen locations and other viewing options.
Photo by Simon-K via the Londonist Flickrpool.