Transport for London has announced a westward and southern expansion of the Cycle Hire scheme. 2,400 new bicycles and 5,000 new docking points will be added by Spring 2014.
The additions will bring the bikes to the boroughs of Wandsworth, Hammersmith & Fulham, Lambeth and Kensington & Chelsea. Additional bike stands will be added to existing busy stations in central London.
Around half of the new installations will be south of the Thames. The most cursory of glances at the current coverage map makes it clear that the south remains greatly under-represented. The expansion will partly address this, but leave south-east London devoid of Barclays blue.
TfL will run a series of public information meetings in October for anyone with concerns or suggestions for the expansion:
- Thur 4 Oct 1200-1400 Hammersmith Lyric Theatre, King Street, W6 0QL
- Thur 4 Oct 1730-1930 Fulham Library, 598 Fulham Road, SW6 5NX
- Sat 6 Oct 1000-1400 Bush Theatre, 7 Uxbridge Road, Shepherd’s Bush, W12 8LJ
- Sat 6 Oct 1600-1800 Putney Exchange Shopping Centre, Putney High Street, SW15 1TW
- Tue 9 Oct 1200-1400 ASDA, Clapham Junction, 204 Lavender Hill, SW11 1JG
- Tue 9 Oct 1600-1800 Southside Shopping Centre, Wandsworth Town, SW18 4TF