- Watch the world’s best inline skaters compete at SkateLondon at Westway Sports Centre (free).
- Get active – join in local sport on Saturday and Sunday which sees community clubs and sports centres open their doors for free and cheap sessions of all sorts of activities.
- Canary Wharf Jazz Festival presents top jazz musicians in Canada Square Park from Friday evening, and from lunchtime on Saturday and Sunday (free).
- Watch films on the National Theatre flytower from 9pm (free).
- Immerse yourself in Mexicana at Rich Mix’s London MexFest (screenings/day pass £15, exhibitions and music free).
- Drop by the Filling Station, Kings Cross to see what happens when “science meets art meets product placement” from 12-10pm daily (free).
- Follow a mysterious art trail through a Victorian building with Traces (free).
- Foodies Festival is in Battersea Park with top chefs, demos and tastings (day ticket £15).
- Lollibop is a kid friendly festival in Regents Park (tickets £25 per person per day or £92 for a family of four in advance).
- Have summer family fun at London Transport Museum with I-Spy Maps, trails, arts and crafts and storytelling sessions (adults £13.50 for a year ticket, under 16s free).
- Have a Virulent Experience at Conway Hall (tickets £20).
- Camden Fringe continues – pick a show at random and see what happens! (from £5 a ticket).
- Have you been Promming yet? (tickets from £5 on the day).
- SummerFest at Archbishop’s Park, Lambeth promises loads of free kids’ activities, pop-up Cinema Museum, petting zoo, bouncy castle, guided heritage walks and the Community Games for sporting action between 12-4pm (free).
- Bloomsbury Summer Fete takes place in Bedford Square with a big lunch and traditional stalls and games from noon till 9.30pm (free entry).
- Take a music walk round South Kensington with BBC Proms from 6pm.
- Discuss the future at the Salon Talk at Marylebone Pleasure Gardens from 7.30pm (tickets £12).
- Shop at the Pop-Up Vintage Market in Spitalfields from 11am-5pm (free entry).
- Enjoy the family and community fun day at the Calthorpe Project, Kings Cross from 12-5pm (free).
- Scala Beyond begins 6 weeks of independent film organised by Roxy Bar and Screen starting with an outdoor screening of the Big Lebowski in Morden Hall Park (£8), The Goonies in Queens Park (£12.50) and a launch night Film Jam at the Roxy itself (free entry).
- Celebrate the tenth anniversary of the London Mela in Gunnersbury Park with live music, performance, stalls, kids activities and food between 1-9pm (free entry).
- Historic Ham House hosts Out of Hours — an evening of performance, art and music in its 17th-century gardens with a bar and stalls from 5.30-9pm (free).
- Chill out at the Relaxation Generation mini festival at Brick Lane’s Vibe Bar with drum & bass, dubstep, grime, reggae, hip hop and soul music, including a performance from Roni Size + free jerk chicken from 1pm till 3am (ticket £5/£10).
Other good stuff:
- Our latest theatre reviews and art reviews
- Books and spoken word events
- Your week in geek
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Our pick of comedy gigs plus a guide to watching live comedy in London
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.