During the London 2012 Games we’ll bring you a daily heads-up on what’s happening where, including sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- Watch Mike Leigh’s High Hopes at the Portobello Pop-Up Cinema from 8pm – film followed by a Q&A with the director himself (£5).
- Go to an early morning tour at the historic Smithfield Market, which takes place monthly on a Wednesday at 7am (£8).
- Ever wondered what it feels like to have a hole drilled in your head? The ancient practice of trepanning will be demonstrated and discussed at Florence Nightingale Museum from 1pm (£5.80).
- Watch Shakespeare’s Julius Ceasar at the Noel Coward Theatre (part of London 2012 Festival, £12.50-59.50).
- Show Time – Entertainment Everywhere is a festival of outdoor arts events with amazing performances in every London borough (part of London 2012 Festival, free).
Any breaking news of disruptions will appear here.
See Transport for London’s ‘heat maps’ for the busiest stations on any given day.
- 9.25am Canoe Sprint, Canoe and Kayak Finals, Eton Dorney. Brief guide.
- 11.50am Sailing, 49m Medal Race, Weymouth and Portland. Brief guide.
- 11.50am Equestrian, Individual Jumping Final, Greenwich Park. Brief guide.
- 5.50pm Athletics, Finals, Olympic Stadium. Brief guide.
- 6.55pm Beach Volleyball Women’s Bronze and Gold, Horse Guards Parade. Brief guide.
- 8.25pm Boxing, Men’s Quarter-finals, ExCel. Brief guide.
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
It will remain cloudy, and some rain or drizzle can be expected. However, it will be mostly dry during the afternoon. Min. 16, max. 21 degrees.
Image by leonharris from the Londonist FlickrPool.