Top things to see and do
- Celebrate our wonderful city by watching The London Revue at The Canal Cafe. This musical journey embraces eveything that makes London one of the best places in the world (£10, £8.50 conc.).
- Check out the National Hospitality Houses to try some international cuisine and take part in fun events (some of them free).
- Visit an exhibition about Peckham town centre in the Old Waiting Room in Peckham Rye station (free).
- It’s International Music Week at Wilton’s, so drop by the Mahogany Bar any night for the Global Beats Festival. Tonight it’s Baba Adesose Wallace from Nigeria, 7-11pm (free).
- Design Stories — the Architecture behind 2012 is a collection of films, images and models that showcases the design stories behind the venues and spaces of London 2012, at the Royal Institute of British Architects (part of London 2012 Festival, free).
Any breaking news of disruptions will appear here.
See Transport for London’s ‘heat maps’ for the busiest stations on any given day.
- 9.25am Rowing, Finals, Eton Dorney. Brief guide.
- 1.25pm Canoe Slalom, Finals – Men’s C2, Women’s K1, Lee Valley White Water Centre. Brief guide.
- 2.55pm Shooting, Men’s Double Trap Final, Royal Artillery Barracks. Brief guide.
- 3.55pm Cycling-Track, Team Sprint, Velodrome. Brief guide.
- 6.50pm Hockey, Women’s Pool Matches, Riverbank Arena. Brief guide.
- 7.25pm Swimming, Finals, Aquatics Centre. Brief guide.
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
Bright with sunny spells and showers, the showers turning heavy at times but still with some sunshine in between. Quite a brisk breeze. Min. 15, max. 21 degrees.