- Police begin their annual pre-Carnival round-up of suspected trouble makers.
- Travellers on Tooting Common given short shrift by council.
- Virgin are to launch a new Heathrow-Manchester service.
- London’s councils once again urged to share services, save money.
- NFL team the Jacksonville Jaguars are heading for Wembley in 2013.
- Michael Fish. (Apparently) base jumping in the name of climate change. Oh yes.
- There’s a big fire at a tyre yard next to the A4, part of which is currently closed: details to follow.
Sailing by ascottony via the Londonist Flickr pool.