- A third of Londoners wiped out by volcano! (Indirectly, 800 years ago)
- Man arrested for throwing a bottle at 100 metre sprint finalists pleads not guilty.
- Last year’s rioters get a combined jail term of 1,800 years.
- Construction of new Thameslink trains delayed.
- New 35-storey tower approved for Imperial College’s Hammersmith campus.
- Around 10 million people have joined in with free cultural events to mark the Olympics.
- London’s state schools are the best in England.
Bubbles in the Royal Docks by ozchris2 in the Londonist Flickr pool.