During the London 2012 Games we’ll bring you a daily heads-up on what’s happening where, including sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
- Visit the Golden Honey Feast in Paternoster Square on the final day of City of London Festival 12-2pm (free).
- Join a pre-Olympic party at Canning Town Caravanserai between 4-7pm as they celebrate the opening of their South Gate (free).
- Go to the Going for Gold Late at the V&A for ”an evening of mass participation, fun and games” from 6.30-10pm.
- Watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony! There are still tickets left for the big BT Live Hyde Park concert (£66 each), it’s free entry to the Victoria Park live site and Rich Mix hosts an Alternative Opening Ceremony Party (£10). Coverage starts on the BBC from 9pm and we’ll be watching it with you on Twitter.
- Or, ignore it completely and go and watch the 2012 UK Air Guitar Finals at The Dome, Tufnell Park from 8pm-3am (entry £12/10 inc. charitable donation).
Remember that the Olympic Torch Relay will travel along the river. All of the bridges between Hampton Court and Tower Bridge will remain open, but there will only be limited viewing capacity from the bridges.
Stations close to/on the Torch Relay route will be exceptionally busy up to two hours before and one hour after Torch passes.
If you don’t have a ticket for the Opening Ceremony, avoid travelling around Stratford and the Olympic Park from 3pm.
- The Archery competition begins at Lords from 9am (St John’s Wood) — brief guide.
- 8.50pm Opening Ceremony, Olympic Stadium (Stratford).
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
It will mostly be dry and warm again, but could get cloudy later on in the day and there’s a chance of thundery showers. Hopefully it will clear up by the time the Opening Ceremony starts.. Min. 15, max. 25 degrees. Keep an eye on the forecast here.
Image by k2tomas from the Londonist FlickrPool.