- Want to have dinner with Mitt Romney in London this week? It’ll cost you $75,000.
- Cable car breakdown leaves riders with a longer trip than they expected.
- A man jumped to his death from the balcony on top of Tate Modern yesterday.
- The Games are officially underway: Great Britain vs. New Zealand has kicked off in Cardiff…
- ….while for some it’s already over: Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou has been expelled for making a xenophobic tweet, and Moroccan runner Mariem Alaoui Selsouli has failed a drugs test.
- Refunds offered to diving spectators in the nosebleed seats after it emerges the Aquatics Centre roof obscures the view.
- A fun quiz from Slate: British Olympian or Tube stop?
- Stiff sentences for anyone found guilty of an “Olympic offence”.
Photo / lewishamdreamer