- Allegations of racism within the Met have tripled in the past five years.
- A new high (low?) for Boris Johnson: he’s the subject of this week’s Caption Competition on Slate.
- Sale of BBC Television Centre finalised.
- Drama as arriving busload of Olympic athletes gets lost for hours in London… Boris Johnson’s response? “[They'll have seen] even more of the city than they might otherwise have done”.
- Some mischief makers have been contributing witty customer reviews to the policeman Wenlock mascot on Amazon
- Olympic troops are to be housed in Tobacco Dock, Wapping.
Photo / MykReeve