- Yum, yum, yum, it’s the British Biscuit Festival in the Brunswick Centre (free entry).
- Nose around Open Garden Squares this Saturday and Sunday (some free, weekend pass £9/£12).
- The Postcards Festival showcases circus and cabaret at Jackson’s Lane, Highgate.
- It’s Anime Weekend at BFI Southbank (tickets £10/£6.65).
- London Festival of Photography continues with loads of exhibitions (many free) plus a day symposium on public and private space at Kings Place (£60/40).
- Visit the sunken Serpentine Pavilion (free).
- Spitalfields Summer Music Festival begins.
- London Green Fair celebrates its 20th birthday in Regent’s Park on Saturday and Sunday (free).
- Slapdash Festival of improv continues with its raft of inventive shows at the Nursery Theatre, closing Sunday with a free discussion asking ‘why don’t people come and see improvisation in the UK?’.
- Woody Week opens at the Gate Cinema, Notting Hill Gate with Bananas on Friday 4.40pm, Manhatten Murder Mystery on Saturday at 4.10pm and Annie Hall on Sunday at 4.10pm (tickets £8.50+bkg).
- Euro 2012 kicks off and Rich Mix are offering football viewing + eastern European entertainment throughout the tournament (free entry).
- Get Stitched Up at the Royal Institution family fun day looking at the science behind the clothes you wear from 11am-4pm (£10 adults, £5 kids).
- St Nicholas Church, Deptford Green is hosting a lovely community family festival this afternoon but beware – down in the Crypt Deptford Film Club are screening four hours worth of ‘deeply unsettling’ short films by the Brothers Quay between 1-5pm (£2 donation appreciated).
- Refresh your threads at the Spring Cleaning Clothes Swapping Party at Arbeit Gallery between 1-5pm (£3 entry).
- Ramble through New Cross and Deptford with Past Tense from 2pm (free).
- Get your kit off and get on your bike to join the London edition of the World Naked Bike Ride assembling at 3pm, Wellington Arch, Hyde Park Corner.
- Drink to World Gin Day at the London Gin Club with a new tasting menu (book a table!)
- Visit the Brunel Museum roof garden and pay a visit to the Midnight Apothecary where the Cocktail Gardener will be mixing drinks for you to quaff in a deckchair by a firepit with flares and flowers from 7pm (free entry, cash bar).
- The World Series of Boxing Individual Championships are held at ExCel, venue for the London 2012 boxing events from 7.30-10.45pm (try for free tickets, ringside seats £55).
- It’s probably going to be raining. Why not catch up on our podcast, Londonist Out Loud?
- Be at the final Night Shift concert by the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment at the Royal Festival Hall with Sir Simon Rattle conducting Debussy from 10pm, with DJs after till midnight (£9 adv/£12 on the door).
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Stand up and sketch comedy
What did we miss, what are you up to? Let us know in the comments.