Before you start your long weekend, check out our pick of the gigs going on sale this Friday. Tickets to these should be available from around 9am.
- The weather’s been close to Californian this week, though no word from The Beach Boys on whether that was a factor in announcing their 50th anniversary show at Wembley Arena on 28 September. Tickets from £61.50 + bf.
- We last saw Maximo Park when they played Brixton Academy a good three years back. Fresh from a break and with a new album out, they play O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on 7 November. Tickets £17.50 + bf.
- We spoke to Marina and the Diamonds back in 2009 too, and in the intervening years she managed to bag a place on the BBC’s ‘Sound of…’ list and score a number one with her second album. She plays bigger venues these days too, so see her at HMV Forum on 11 October. Tickets £20 + bf.
- US rockers Dirty Projectors have been lauded for their intelligent, genre-spanning sound. Their new, orchestral album is due on 9 July and they play the Roundhouse on 17 October. Tickets £16.50 + bf.
- Glasgow-based Admiral Fallow have been quietly making waves with their alt-folk sound, flying largely under the radar but still picking up plaudits for delicate live performances and pitch-perfect vocals. With a second record on the way, perhaps they’ll make a splash at Scala on 12 December. Tickets £10 + bf.
Image of Brian Wilson from Flickr user Sardinista under Creative Commons.