Here’s an event more Londony than the time Dick Whittington organised a dress-like-a Beefeater flashmob on Tower Bridge. Our friends at CurioCity are holding the official launch party for issue ‘B’ of their esteemed map-book-leaflet-type thing.
Seven Londony reasons you should go to London On Foot:
- The launch will take place in Brixton’s Seven bar (hence our slightly desperate ‘seven reasons’), which occupies the all-too-slim overlap on the Venn diagram of ‘trendy’ and ‘friendly’.
- CurioCity itself is a beautiful slice of London trivia and whimsy that you should own.
- Tom Jones, author of the Tired of London, Tired of Life book and blog, will give some kind of talk.
- Tom Bolton, author of London’s Lost Rivers, will give some other kind of talk.
- You’ll see a screening of The London Perambulator, a short film about legendary London walker Nick Papadimitriou.
- Nick and director John Rogers will hover around afterwards for a Q&A.
- We hear several well-known London writers and bloggers will also be in attendance.
What’s more, this almost lubriciously Londony event is free to attend. All you have to do is register your interest here, then turn up. See you there.
Launch of CurioCity Issue B, 10 May 2012, 6.30-11pm, at Seven, No. 7 Market Row, Brixton Market, SW9 8LB.