- World record broken for the longest-ever journey by black cab...it even went south of the river.
- The Met police have spent £9 million in six years on compensation claims.
- Bidding is open for the licence to run a local TV channel for London...hmm, tempting. Wonder if they'll accept our offer of £3.50, a crumpled wall map and a knitted Boris Johnson.
- Greenwich — sorry, the Royal Borough of Greenwich — will host the UK's biggest street party for the Jubilee.
- Kids in Hackney wait an average 33 months for adoption, another, if less enviable, 'biggest in the UK'.
- After the Games, there's no getting into most of the Olympic Park till Easter 2014.
- We're off to the pub. It's not news. But we thought we'd share. Have a happy weekend.
11 May 2012