Can you recommend a good pub or bar in the Dalston area?
This is the fourth part of our two-year-long alphabetical pub crawl of London. Previously you voted for the best in Angel, which we subsequently visited (pictures here); the cream of Brixton (photos here); and the best pubs in the City of London (pics here).
Our attention now turns to part ‘D’, and we’ve chosen Dalston (sorry to anyone holding out for Dagenham). This notorious hipster hang-out has its share of concept bars and trendy speakeasies, but there are also plenty of traditional pubs lurking in the back streets.
But which pubs or bars do you rate the highest?
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestDalstonPub) your favourite pubs in the Dalston area.
- We’ll tally up the votes early next week.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the three or four most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- You can nominate anywhere in the Dalston area. How far that extends is entirely up to you.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
Image by Alex Pink in the Londonist Flickr pool.