The weekend post is brought to you in partnership with Treasure TrailsAll weekend
- Seek out Londony prints at the London Original Print Fair at the Royal Academy (£12/8).
- Westfield Stratford City holds its first ever motor show DRIVE (free).
- Find out about theatre design and celebrate the Bard’s birthday at the V&A with Designing Shakespeare weekend (free, drop in).
- Watch Argentine Film at the Brixton Ritzy.
- Visit the final weekend of Alchemy at Southbank Centre with free music, dance, poetry, calligraphy, yoga and Bollywood film.
- Musicians from the Royal College of Music play in room 34 of the National Gallery between 6-7pm (free).
- Watch a UK premier of fresh contemporary dance in the Spring Loaded festival at The Place plus choreographer Q&A from 8pm (£15/12).
- Want to party? Run Riot recommend Dancing Time With Soundway Records, celebrating their 10th birthday at a secret, east London warehouse location from 10pm (£15, earlybird £9).
- If you were inspired by the knitted mayoral candidates, get your needles and yarn out for the Knitting Kake Krawl in Kew from 10am with knitting, tea, cake, knatter and a pub in fine company (free, email for more info).
- Visit the English country garden in Trafalgar Square from noon (free).
- Visit our top 10 record shops, buy vinyl and enjoy in-store gigs for Record Store Day.
- The Finsbury Arts Festival takes place at St Luke’s Centre, Central St EC1 from noon till 6pm with music, dance and arts performances and workshops plus family oriented fun (free).
- Discover the Seven Noses of Soho and infinite wealth could be yours from 2pm (£8 for ‘nice and interesting’ people – book).
- It’s the final day of Alternative Fashion Week at Spitalfields Market, with fashion market and catwalk shows from 11am-5pm (free).
- Watch new wave film Saturday Night, Sunday Morning at the National Gallery at 2.30pm (£6/4 – book).
- The Exmoor Singers of London sing in honour of the Queens Elizabeth at The Chapter Hall, St John’s Gate from 2.30pm (£12/8/6 – ticket includes tour of the Museum of the Order of St John from 1.30pm).
- Try out ballroom, latin, jive and sequence dance moves at the Vintage Years Tea Dance at Greenwich Dance between 2-4pm (£5/4).
- For pop classics and pub fun Spoonfed recommend The Westbury 5th birthday party in Kilburn, NW6 (free before 10pm, £5 after).
- Cheer on the London Marathon runners from the streets from 9am – here’s the spectator info.
- It’s Sonnet Sunday at Shakespeare’s Globe with all 154 of Shakespeare’s sonnets performed in more than 25 different languages between 10am-4.30pm (free).
Other good stuff:
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Free things to do in London
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
Photo of Shakespeare’s Globe by Stephskimo via the Londonist Flickrpool
The weekend post is brought to you in partnership with Treasure Trails
Think you know London? Treasure Trails are THE fun way to explore, with over 25 fun puzzle routes now available, from Harrow to Canary Wharf. Follow the clues on paper or try our new smartphone apps. Warning, they’re addictive!