A quintet of prominent captains from the various Star Trek series will appear together at the Destination Star Trek London convention this October.
- William Shatner: James Tiberius Kirk, captain of the Enterprise throughout the original 1960's shows and subsequent movies. And the man responsible for the best pop cover version of all time.
- Sir Patrick Stewart: Jean-Luc Picard in the Next Generation series and films. Empirically and unarguably the best Star Trek captain ever. There is no debate. No, sorry, shut up.
- Avery Brooks: Commander then Captain Benjamin Sisko in the eventually brilliant Deep Space Nine.
- Kate Mulgrew: Captain Kathryn Janeway, in the marmite Voyager.
- Scott Bakula: Captain Jonathan Archer from Star Trek: Enterprise. Also fondly remembered as Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap.
The latest Captain, Chris Pine playing a youthful Kirk in the recent movie, is not on the announced bill...but you still get the five main skippers off of the TV. Other stars have yet to be revealed, but expect a fine farrago of the Federation's finest from all five series. Interactive sets, personal autograph sessions, parties, props, talks and more are promised.
Destination Star Trek London takes place at Excel from 19-21 October. Tickets range hugely in price, from £29 for a simple one-day pass, right up to a staggering £3,000 for the VIP pass, which presumably gives you access to all areas, including Shatner's Bassoon.