- Goldsmiths Hall has a very expensive gold coin on show (free).
- English National Ballet are in residence at Tate Britain (free).
- The Grape and Grain Beer Festival is an excellent reason to spend the entire weekend in Crystal Palace but Leyton and Borough are also ale-tastically tempting.
- Barbican’s foyers will be overrun with entertainment for their Urban Stories Weekender (most events free).
- Join the Big Egg Hunt.
- Explore Wapping.
- The Vintage Kilo Sale is open from 4-7pm at York Hall, Bethnal Green (£1 entry, also open Saturday, 11am-4pm).
- Escape reality with Fable at Battersea Arts Centre, a fabulous, massive arts party in SW11 (Friday and Saturday at 8pm, £18 adv).
- Discover Westminster’s Top Ten with a guided walk at 11am (£8).
- Register in advance and it’s free entry to the TNT Travel Show at Earl’s Court from 9.30am-5.30pm.
- Tea Dance in Greenwich from 2-4.30pm (£5).
- Experience songs and storytelling on the rooftop of the empty Brandon Estate, SE17 with Nigel of Bermondsey and Vanessa Woolf-Hoyle from 9.30pm (£2).
- See famous telly cars like Knight Rider’s KITT and … park up on Queensway for Pit Stop
- Reverb comes to a choral climax at the Roundhouse with the free Voices Now event (free).
- It’s Bonsai Day at the Garden Museum with an exhibition, demonstrations and the opportunity to create a bonsai (free event, normal museum admission applies).
- Watch and listen to the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment in rehearsal for their evening Bach concert at Queen Elizabeth Hall from 1.30pm (£5).
- Purim mask-making is the aim of the family art workshop at Ben Uri Gallery, St John’s Wood from 2-4pm (free but donations appreciated).
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Books and spoken word
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
Photo by Bob Comics via the Londonist Flickrpool