- The Affordable Art Fair pitches up in Battersea Park (£12/£15).
- Take an almost free walk down the strand or through Bloomsbury with One Eye Grey simply by purchasing the 'Stories from Another London' Kindle book.
- Visit the One Little Spark 'pop up' gallery on East Street Market, Walworth.
- Get involved with the experimental Sprint Festival at Camden People's Theatre.
- The British Masters Athletics indoor championships is at Lee Valley Athletics Centre (free to watch).
- The Radio 6 Music birthday celebration gigs are all sold out but if you're lucky you could get in on the Friday Tonic freebie in the Front Room at QEH.
- If you miss out, try the free live music on the National Portrait Gallery Late Shift from 6.30pm.
- Watch 400 rowing crews take to the Thames for the Head of the River Race between Mortlake and Putney from 11am.
- Harrow Food and Dance Festival mixes umpteen dance performances with foodie events and a market between 11am-5pm.
- Get your hands dirty and help out your local community green space with the Big Dig.
- Explore the Festival of Dangerous Ideas at Rich Mix from 10am till late (£10/£5).
- The Spring Green Fair brings South Lambeth Market and green ideas to Stockwell between 11am-3pm.
- Things may get chaotic at Publish and Be Damned at the ICA as 50 self-publishers present their latest work 12-6pm (free).
- Watch The Cabinet of Dr Caligari in St George the Martyr church, Borough at 8pm (tickets £14).
- The St Patrick's Day Parade sets off from Green Park at midday, converging on Trafalgar Square for an afternoon of Irish cheer (free).
- The Sunday lecture at Conway Hall takes a skeptical look at the paranormal from 11am (free).
- The London Irish Centre hosts the London Gaelic Voices Festival in Camden with the fab folks from Nest Collective from midday till late (£18 all inc. day ticket, £4 workshops, £10 concert).
- There's a chance of a frog chorus if you head to Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park to mark Frog Day between 11am-3pm (free).
- Take a Keats walk round Hampstead (£6).
Other good stuff:
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
Irish dancing in Trafalgar Square photo by jaykay72 via the Londonist Flickrpool.