- Imagine Children’s Festival brings a vintage funfair and stacks of creative workshops and sessions to the Southbank to keep the kids enthralled over half-term.
- The ‘kaleidoscopically varied’ Vault festival begins three weeks of theatre, music and film in the Old Vic Tunnels, plus weekend Late parties (tickets from £5).
- The Festival of the Moving Image brings free films and documentary screenings, discussions and some drinking throughout the UCL Campus on Saturday and Sunday (free).
- Kinetica Art Fair brings all manner of funky robotic, electronic, light, sound and kinetic art to Ambika P3, Marylebone along with performances, workshops and talks (tickets from £10).
- The Significant Other festival at Camden People’s Theatre looks at love through seven seven minute plays, written in just seven days by seven different writers on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm and 7.30pm (tickets £7).
- The Flamenco Festival is at Sadler’s Wells until 19/2 (tickets from £12).
- Combine some culture with your shopping with a display of old photos of east London on show at Westfield Stratford City (free entry).
- David Lynch season continues at BFI Southbank.
- The British Museum is open to look round till 8.30pm on Fridays and tonight screens Malcolm X at 6.30pm (£3/£2 for members).
- All the nice girls love a sailor, apparently – test out the theory at Shore Leave’s Valentine’s Day cruise anchored in Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club from 9pm (£7).
- Lea Valley Farms have their Open Day — see who’s sleeping in the stables and plodding around the paddocks — from 10am-5pm (tickets kids £6.50, adults £7.50).
- Wood Street Indoor Market in Walthamstow has its Grand Launch day from 10am with giveaways, crafting, performance, music and shopping!
- Bag up some bargains at the Vintage Kilo Sale at the Rag Factory between 11am-4pm (£1 entry).
- Kids’ movie club at Riverside Studios screens Puss in Boots at 11am (£2.50 kids, £5 adults).
- Take a caffeinated walking tour of London, including some shots of Turkish coffee to keep you going from 2.30pm (£8).
- An apocalyptic, anti-Valentine’s roller disco takes place at the vast Hackney Downs Studios, hosted By Horse Meat Disco from 8pm till late (tickets £10 adv, £15 on the door – skates included!)
- It’s a Snowdrop Day at Chelsea Physic Garden 10am-4pm (£9).
- The Vintage Valentine & Wedding Special market is at the Balham Bowls Club between 12-6pm (free entry).
- It’s Potato Day at Spitalfields City Farm between 12-2pm (free entry).
- Kentish Town City Farm celebrates 40 years with a table top sale (25p)
- Get your little ones doing the dosey-do at the Family Barndance at Cecil Sharp House from 3-5pm (£3 kids, £5 adults).
- The Cinema Museum continues its ‘French Sundaes’ with film, ‘Les Choristes’ and a talk to place it in context and a snoop around the collections. Starts 2.30pm (tickets £10/7).
Less higbrow and more hangover films to watch at the Waterpoet, Spitalfields from 7pm (£8).
Other good stuff:
- Things to do with the kids this half-term
- Free things to do in London
- Books and wordy things
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Stuff to do for a fiver or less
- Museums and Gallery listings
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments
Roller disco photo by Stephskimo via the Londonist Flickrpool