Fast becoming a summer institution in London, the upturned purple cow-shaped tent is back on the Southbank for its fourth feast of comedy. cabaret and music.
The Udderbelly Festival alone has around 70 acts and events including the following choice picks.
- Tim Minchin, the man behind the hugely successful musical Matilda who may (or may not) have Jonathan Ross on the guestlist.
- If you only have time for one pair of cheeky pop revisionists, check out Frisky and Mannish and watch as they turn their favourite tunes inside out (no doubt to check the washing instructions).
- The Boy With Tape On His Face is the Ronseal of silent comedy and last summer’s sleeper hit amongst the Udderbellygoers. You can see either that show and/or his latest show.
- Alternative Eurovision, the cabaret extravaganza that showcases many of the capital's best and up-and-coming musical comedy talent, is possibly even better than the real thing.
- If improvised comedy is your thing, make a bee-line for rap superstars Abandoman, musical makers Showstopper! or the aptly named Impropera.
More information on the Udderbelly shows can be found here.