The Weekend post is brought to you in partnership with Holiday Extras
- London Short Film Festival starts on Friday with a party in the ICA bar from 6pm and funny and lo-fi films on in the cinema, followed by filmic events all weekend, and until 15 Jan - check the full programme.
- Resolution! begins at the Place (opposite Euston station) showcasing nightly changing triple bills of brand new dance from emerging choreographers all through January (tickets £14, discounts available).
- Watch a Dickens film at the BFI or plan other Dickensian adventures for the new year.
- Occupy London run talks, discussions and workshops all weekend at their various locations (free).
- Last chance to visit Entertaining the Nation at the Jewish Museum in Camden (£7.50), the First Actresses show at National Portrait Gallery (£11) and the Private Eye 50th anniversary exhibition at the V&A (free).
- There's still time to go seasonal skating but Eyeskate, the Natural History Museum, Tower of London, Westfield and Hampton Court rinks close this weekend.
- Say farewell to Christmas with the traditional burning of the holly and ivy in the garden at the Geffrey Museum between 4-5pm (free).
- Skaters can join the special 'fat and furious' Friday Night Skate from 8pm (free).
- Go to the Winter Sprinter gig at the Lexington (£8.50)
- It's club night at Skate at Somerset House - skate to some funky grooves! (£17)
- Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair is at Old Spitalfields Market all day (free entry)
- The Ramblers lead an 8 mile walk through Crystal Palace, meeting Forest Hill at 11.05 (free - if you're not a member you are welcome as a guest to try it out).
- Young people will be dancing their socks off in the Clore Ballroom at Royal Festival Hall for U-Dance from 11am (free to watch).
- Meet Samuel Pepys in the gorgeous Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich from midday (free and family friendly).
- Sit in on an open rehearsal of London Symphony Orchestra between 2-5pm at Barbican Hall (£4).
- Try a yoga class in Queen's Park (free)
- Volunteer for the Alexandra Palace Weekend Workday with BTCV and get some conservation experience in woodland management (free - meet Kings Cross at 9am).
- Celebrate Twelfth Night on Bankside with the Lions Part and folkloric festivities from 12.45pm (free).
- Take a Bibulous Tour of Belgravia with Westminster Walking from 2pm (£8).
- Visit the Freud Museum and get a tour of the house at 2pm (£6).
- Watch a Voyeurism Double Bill, featuring Auto Focus (4.30pm) and sex, lies, and videotape (6.30pm) at the Shacklewell Arms, E8 (£5).
- Or watch a silent film triple bill with Meantime beers at Hither Green Hall, SE13 from 6.30pm (£5).
Other good stuff:
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to