A celebration of the Olympic boroughs, in story and song.
In week ten of our folk tales from the five Olympic London Boroughs, Ruairidh Anderson tells the story of Anne Boleyn, former Queen, and former Greenwich resident.
‘Of all the residents of Greenwich perhaps the most famous is King Henry VIII. Many happy days were spent in the area with his court and whichever wife he had on his arm at the time’
Previously in Tower Hamlets
- Charlie Brown: Uncrowned King of Limehouse
- Angela Burdett-Coutts, Queen Of The East End Poor
- Jamrach’s Menagerie, Rhinos & the Ratcliffe Highway
- Moris ‘Two-guns’ Cohen
- Emmanuel Swedenborg, Veruca Socks and Heavenly Secrets
- John Newton, Goebbels, Star Trek & The Slave Trade
- Eliza Marchpane, Mozart, Vol Au Vents And The Wapping Streets
- Isambard Kingdon Brunel, Ships, Bones And Bad Breath
Previously in Greenwich