The much-talked-about fares increase comes into effect on 2nd January, so make sure you buy your travelcard in the next couple of days. It could save you up to £11.50 on a monthly ticket or £120 on an annual (zones 1-6).
- Monthly travelcard zone 1/1-2: £112.20 (5.6% increase)
- Monthly travelcard zones 1-3: £131.40 (6.2% increase)
- Monthly travelcard zones 1-4: £160.60 (6.1% increase)
- Monthly travelcard zones 1-5: £191.30 (6% increase)
- Monthly travelcard zones 1-6: £205.10 (5.9% increase)
- Monthly bus pass: £72.20 (5.6% increase)
While we're talking fare rises, the Shepherd's Bush Blog has had a look at some research that shows bus fares in London have increased by 18.5% in real terms since 2008, compared with 8.8% across the rest of the country.