We’ve reached that point in the year where gigs are being announced well into 2012. Here are our choices from what’s on sale this week:
- With four albums under their belt, these days Long Island rockers Brand New have pretty much shed their emo roots. They hit the Roundhouse on 11 February as part of a UK tour. Buy tickets here.
- Example will want to get the the crowd bouncing on 27 April, when he plays his biggest-ever London show. Commercial dance, escapist pop and a clubbing feel will be the order of the day. Get tickets to see him at The O2.
- Beat-boxer extraordinaire Beardyman will kick off the festive season as only he knows how at new venue Electric Brixton on 8 December. His live shows are loud, funny and otherwise hard-to-describe, so get tickets and see him for yourself.
- Since splitting from his backing band in 2009, Ryan Adams has flirted with a new, metal-influenced sound and is now on the verge of releasing a solo album. He played the Barbican in June, but if you missed the colourful singer then, see him at the stunning Union Chapel on 27 October.
- Gypsy-punks Gogol Bordello are truly international – members of this lively collective hail from places as diverse as Russia, Israel and Ecuador. We’re not sure how their loud and hyperactive live show will work as an acoustic set, but we plan to find out on 18 November at the Electric Ballroom.