Here’s our regular pick of the gigs going on sale this Friday. It’s a quiet one this week – everyone must be on holiday. Tickets to all these should be available from 9am or 10am on Friday:
- Irish singer-songwriter Fionn Regan had his first album nominated for the Mercury Prize and his second kept under lock and key by his record company. He’s been compared to Bob Dylan and Nick Drake, and you can see him at the Union Chapel on 6 December.
- Cashier No. 9 are an upbeat, sparkly band from Belfast who’ve been around a few years and finally seem to be getting noticed for their harmonies and harmonicas. See them at XOYO on 24 November.
- Expect something distinctly heavier if you go and see Chimaira, a heavy metal group from Ohio. Their latest album is called The Age of Hell, so that should give you a clue as to the sound. They’re at the Islington Academy on 27 March next year.
- If the heavy blues-rock of Whitesnake is more your cup of tea, the HMV Forum on 5 December is the place to be. The reformed group might not be the height of fashion currently, but then were they ever? Tickets on sale from here.
- Kaiser Chiefs must have new material on the way, because this is the second week in a row we’ve mentioned them here. The Leeds quartet play the Hammersmith Apollo on 23 February next year, though tickets are also still available to their Q Awards show in October.