Starting to look beyond the festival season? Here’s our pick of gigs on sale this week:
- If you missed Pulp at Wireless over the weekend, you’ll be pleased to hear that the reformed Sheffield stars have announced a couple of Brixton Academy dates, on 31 August and 1 September. Tickets from here.
- Some see him as a professional miserablist, others as a genius. If you’re in the latter camp, you probably already know Morrissey will play Brixton Academy on 7 August and the London Palladium the following evening. Get tickets here.
- Come on, who doesn’t like a little Irish rock now and again? With two nights at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire on 2 and 3 December, The Saw Doctors might be a good way to kick off the festive season, if you’re thinking that far ahead. Tickets available here.
- Cut Copy are an electropop group from Australia, who tread that thin line between cheesy and cool with their sample-heavy sound. It works though – as you can hear for yourself at The Roundhouse on 27 October. Tickets here.
- Apparently the most successful German language band of all time, Rammstein’s live shows tend to major on pyrotechnics, flamethrowers and thundering heavy metal. If that’s your bag, see them at The O2 on 24 February. Tickets from here.