This is a sponsored post by Eurostar who are running trains direct to the historic city of Avignon this summer – a getaway destination full of art and culture on the French Riviera.
Between 9 July and 10 September 2011 the heart of Provence is just under 6 hours direct from St Pancras International. Discover Avignon’s papal past and stunning architecture – including the largest gothic palace in Europe. Take in the Avignon Festival and its fringe in July, the Tremplin Jazz festival in August and celebrate the grape harvest in September.
Whether it’s a romantic weekend, a family holiday or a voyage of discovery for one, Avignon has plenty to offer. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site, an important gastronomic centre for provençal cooking and a hot spot on the Côtes du Rhône wine routes. Watch this video – is Avignon station as beautiful as St Pancras?
Direct tickets are available from £109 return in Standard class and £249 return in Standard Premier. Tickets for the Avignon direct summer service and for connecting services all year round are available from www.eurostar.com, by calling 08432 186 186, at Eurostar stations or from travel agents.
Exploring is beautiful
To celebrate summer services, Eurostar is offering one pair of standard return tickets to Paris absolutely free to one lucky reader. Enter the prize draw below. A winner will be picked on 1 July 2011.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By applying for this prize you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions and be bound by them
- Eurostar travel is subject to availability. You may not be able to take your prize on the dates you would like.
- The travel in this prize is not transferable or exchangeable for any form of cash or credit alternative.
- All passengers must travel together on both the outbound and return journeys.
- Eurostar (U.K.) Ltd Conditions of Carriage apply to all travel which may be obtained by writing to the address shown overleaf or via the website: www.eurostar.com
- No alterations, exchanges or refunds will be permitted after the reservation has been made.
- The prize excludes insurance, transportation to and from regional rail stations in the UK, transport across London and transport at your destination. This is the responsibility of you, the winner.
- This prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Previous bookings made prior to and, for travel during the validity of, this prize cannot be exchanged or refunded for any ticket acquired under this prize.
- Eurostar (U.K.) Ltd does not accept any liability for elements of this prize other than the travel on Eurostar.