It’s the big rush for V Festival tickets this morning, so other onsales are a little thin on the ground. Still, here’s our pick of London gigs. All should be available from around 9am.
- Janet Jackson (sans wardrobe malfunction, we assume) takes her glossy act to the Albert Hall on 30 June and 2 July. It might not be for everyone, but with a set of 35 number ones promised (number one where, exactly, we’re not sure), there are bound to be plenty of takers.
- Ex-Beatle and fanmail-ranter Ringo Starr heads to Hampton Court Palace on 17 June with his ‘All-Starr Band’. See what they did there? Expect the Fab Four drummer to play songs from throughout his career. Tickets available here.
- Ah, this is more like it. There’s quite a buzz building around captivating Swedish singer-songwriter Lykke Li’s second album. She’ll be capitalising on what will presumably be a bunch of summer festival performances with a big show at The Roundhouse on 1 November. Get your tickets here.
- Somewhat better known in their home country of South Africa than they are over here, Springbok Nude Girls are a loud alt-rock group who first came together in the early ’90s. Expect the Castle Lager to flow on 4 June at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire. Tickets from here.
- Trance DJ Armin van Buuren claims to run an online radio show with 30 million listeners. And he’s coming to Brixton Academy on 23 April. If BPM is how you measure your music then you’ll want to get a ticket here.
As a bit of an aside if comedy is or ever was the new rock n roll, tickets go on sale this morning for Stephen Merchant’s Hello Ladies UK Tour, culminating in 4 nights at the Hammersmith Apollo 28-30 November and 1 December. Tickets for his work in progress gigs at the Bloombury Theatre sold out in a ridiculously big rush so get in quick.