Londonist is one of thirteen in the worldwide Gothamist network. Once a week, the editors of each site – from SFist to Shanghaiist – compile some of their most interesting posts into a neat digest. Check out what’s been going on elsewhere in the ist-a-verse:
- Gothamist didn’t realize that pot was growing in Union Square Park or that a free concert headlined by Degrassi’s Wheelchair Jimmy (Drake) could cause a riot.
- Phillyist continued to advocate for Philadelphia’s four-footed friends, this time after a year-old pit bull puppy was fund hanged in a local playground and the city’s animal awareness and rescue groups responded.
- Bostonist went sporty, advising readers where to watch the world cup, helping ladies understand the complex sport of basketball, and of course holding back a few tears.
- Shanghaiist gawked as they saw a Chinese woman transformed from an ugly duckling to a swan with the help of make up.
- LAist opined in response to the media criticism of 16-year-old Abby Sunderland, defending her explorer’s spirit and quest to sail around the world.
- Torontoist checked out their city’s annual festival for dogs, Woofstock, and got photos as wonderful as you’d expect.
- Seattlest celebrated the Frye Art Museum being named one of the top ten free museums in the U.S.
- Chicagoist again went to the dogs as one of its dog beaches was named amongst the nation’s best.
- SFist worried over running into Meg Whitman’s son in a bar or Thomas Kinkade on the highway.