If this whets your appetite, head to the Boogaloo on 6 May for the fourth anniversary film quiz. The fun starts at 8.30. Get there early as the place gets packed. Entreaties that they’re going to need a bigger pub fall on deaf ears. Now, on with the quiz…
1. Opening with a sweeping aerial shot along the River Thames to Tower Bridge, Frenzy (1972) is the only 18-rated film from which acclaimed director?
2. “There’s a fantastic sequence where we duel to the death on a half-built Tower Bridge. It’s a perfect way to end the movie…” That’s actor Mark Strong talking about which upcoming movie blockbuster?
3. 1975 ‘cop out of water’ action film Brannigan sees Chicago detective Jim Brannigan jump a yellow Ford Capri over the half raised Tower Bridge. Who plays the title character?
4. Businessman Henry Bell (Sam Neill) and aristocrat Karen Knightly (Helena Bonham Carter) meet when both plan to commit suicide by jumping from Tower Bridge in The Revengers’ Comedies (1998). The film is based on the play by which prolific English playwright?
5. Which cult ’80s time-travel movie sees New York ad man Jim Ferguson (played by Alex Hyde-White) visit Colonel Raymond (Peter Cushing) at his home in Tower Bridge?
And, just so you can’t do it all with Google, here’s a picture round. Name the film in each shot.