While the newspapers and press agencies get their knickers in a twist over coverage conditions for the Rugby World Cup which kicks off in the Stade de France tonight, we're turning our attention to a more pressing issue.
Which are the best London pubs to watch the tournament in?
Several of the big chains are promising full coverage: It's a Scream, O'Neills, Pitcher & Piano and Walkabout. However, what's the more discerning and individual pub loving, rugby fan (or hanger-on) to do?
Londonist's collective knowledge and research can advise that, of course, there are dozens of places in Twickenham and surrounding area. However, elsewhere it can be a bit more tricky. Here's our random selection of rugby friendly establishments to help you out:
- Way out West: The Famous Three Kings, West Kensington W14
- North West: The Good Ship, Kilburn NW6- South East: The Magdala, East Dulwich SE22
- Cool Clerkenwell: The Pakenham Arms, Pakenham St, WC1
- Smart heart of Covent Garden: Marquess of Anglesey, Bow St WC2
- Next to a mainline station: Euston Flyer, Euston Road
- Riverside: Founders Arms, Bankside (by Tate Modern)
- As long as there isn’t Swedish sport on: The Harcourt Arms, Harcourt St W1
Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere so if you know of a cracking local rugby pub then let us know by commenting. If we get enough we'll map them up for you to see you right through to the final.
Image courtesy of TV Boy's Flickrstream.