We love London Lit Plus – it’s the capital’s independent festival as packed as any other London book-based love-in, such as the London Literature Festival. Sadly, all good things must come to an end and London Lit Plus is finishing its two weeks of literary doings today. If you haven’t been to any events yet, tonight is your last chance…
* Anything But Hackneyed: Niven Govinden reads from his acclaimed debut novel Graffiti My Soul, at the Broadway Bookshop, plus guests.
* The Mesmerist’s Daughter: Heidi James reads from her beguiling new novel at Crockatt & Powell on Lower Marsh.
* Elvis-Impersonating Demons: A talk from Chris Roberts about haunted cinemas, pagan estate agents and other peculiar London folklore at Clapham Books.
* Short Fuse: The Amused Moose Hot Comedy Starlets take a special pre-Edinburgh turn at Nathan Penlington’s long-running, always-excellent night in Islington.
* Exploring The Interior: Orange Prize-winning novelist Kate Grenville discusses the ins and outs of her latest book, The Secret River, with Margot Waddell at the Institute of Psychoanalysis.
London Lit Plus will be back next year – watch this space!
London Lit Plus, the last day, for more information about the festival and the programme for tonight, go to the website here.