- Olympic organizer Jack Lemley has unexpectedly quit seven months into a four-year term, leaving us without anyone in charge of construction.
- And talking of the Olympics: Animal activists have said that they will target the 2012 Games. No word yet on whether the animal kingdom will have advanced sufficently to compete by then, but I for one welcome out new animathlete overlords.
- The man who broke into Number 10 carrying a knife recently, has been up in court today. 32-year-old Byung Jin Lee of Orange Drive, Jericho, New York will be remanded in custody until his next court appearance in November.
- Apparently Pete Doherty’s attempts to kick drugs have been ‘mixed’. If that’s the case then our attempts to stop hating his guts have been similarly mixed.
- New beer features faces of London Mayoral candidates. Unfortunately this is the Canadian London, but if any breweries are reading this: hint hint.
Incredibly scary image courtesy of Waxy Dan via the Londonist flickr group.