The Golden Dragon on Gerrard Street. We’ve been there ourselves. A couple of times, in fact. Nothing flash, but decent food for a good price. Or so we thought. Seems they’ve had a bit of a hygiene problem.
City of Westminster magistrates heard mouse droppings were found in storage areas and on clean plates and meat appeared to have been gnawed by mice.
But that’s just an appetizer. The 11 breaches of food safety regulations also included:
• No soap in the kitchens.
• Paint falling from the ceiling into food.
• Mould. Everywhere.
• A collection of cockroaches the Horniman Museum would be proud of.
See here for the thoughts of a few recent diners, including one lady who enjoyed the crunchy bits in her dumplings. We refer her to point four in our bulleted list.