- Update on that fire in Colindale. No reports of any casualties.
- Super Ken! Looks like our Mayor may soon become more powerful than ever before. Ruth Kelly is set to announce the enhanced package of powers today.
- And sticking with Ken, he wants to charge drivers of the most gas guzzling cars a whopping 25 pounds a day to drive in the congestion zone.
- A real gondola in Little Venice? Yep, complete with “gondoliers, garbed in the traditional straw boater and striped shirt”. Win a free trip here.
- A first edition of Ulysses goes under the hammer in London today. Expectations are it will fetch £50,000.
- And the Animals’ War exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, opens tomorrow. Among those celebrated include “Brian, the alsatian, who jumped with the 13 Bn, Parachute Regt, on D-Day and helped them through to the crossing of the Rhine.”
Image courtesy of Dom eM via the Londonist flickr group.