- The London Assembly Conservatives are blaming the level of bureaucracy and paperwork in the Met for the fact that, on average, they solve fewer than one crime per officer each month.
- The Shoreditch ‘reality CCTV’ scheme goes live this week. The media are asking whether it’s too much.
- Today sees the beginning of a nine-week public inquiry over the ‘Olympic land grab’ in the Lower Lea Valley.
- Radical preacher Abu Qatada will face the Special Immigration Appeals Commission today to fight his deportation order.
- Even Shane Warne can’t beat the London traffic. He turned up 90 minutes late at Bethnal Green Technical College yesterday for the launch of a new spin initiative. But at least he was wearing “the shiniest pair of winkle-picker shoes seen since Gene Vincent strutted his stuff”.
Image of a fake ‘miniature’ South Bank courtesy of Fee via the Londonist Flickr group.