- The Labour peer Lord Tom Pendry is calling for the government to introduce a code of practice to ensure the 2012 Olympics are are “not marred by betting irregularities”.
- The mix of local councils, the London Assembly and central government quangos that consitutue London’s governance is “too confusing” says a new report.
- Transport for London has announced an increase in taxi fares.
- A petition to make London’s train stations safer by introducing extra Transport Police, better lighting and more CCTV has been launched by Conservatives on the London Assembly.
- It seems the woman who was killed after she was knocked from her bike and thrown under a truck’s wheels in Acton earlier this month was listening to her iPod at the time and didn’t hear the lorry.
- We hope you remembered to buy your loved one an I Love Hackney card today, otherwise there’ll be trouble!