On the flipside, another recent poll has uncovered the UK’s least favourite buildings. And, wouldn’t you know it, London has been beaten again.
This time a Lanarkshire mall has proved you can out-elephant the Elephant. Cumbernauld Shopping Centre has been voted the UK’s ugliest construction from 10,000 nominations in a Channel 4 poll.
Surprisingly, London only has one entry in the top 10. Stupendously awful, ‘The Tower’ in Colliers Wood (pictured) only manages a weak ninth place. Perhaps we should be thankful. There's some real shit in this town that seems to have been overlooked.
The top 10 ugliest UK buildings
1. Cumbernauld shopping centre
2. IMAX cinema, Bournemouth
3. Bus station, Northampton
4. Crown House, Kidderminster
5. Cement works, Rugby
6. Park Hill estate, Sheffield
7. Gateshead car park
8. Scottish parliament, Edinburgh
9. The Tower, Colliers Wood, London
10. Lodge's supermarket, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Agree, disagree? Unleash your comments.