- No progress on the New Year's strikes, with the RMT refusing to attend talks with LU (although the Times seems hopeful.) Ken has said "A strike will do nothing other than spoil a great night out for hundreds of thousands of Londoners."
- Some 'good' tube news: the Jubilee line reopens today, two days ahead of schedule.
- A study has shown that there are currently only four hotels within a mile of the major 2012 venues. Only 13 more are scheduled. We've promised 10,000 more bedrooms by 2012 so they better be big hotels.
- In more Livingstone news, Ken has denied that his decision to host the Jewish Festival of Hanukah at City Hall this week was a "damage limitation exercise".
- And because it's Friday, here's our favourite local headline of the week: Common Sees Mush Ado About Huskies.
Last Updated 30 December 2005