- Lambis Nikolau, the Greek IOC member who is said to have pressed the wrong button and handed London the 2012 Olympics, has said that the allegations are "unfounded".
- As of this morning the New Year tube strike is still on, but the RMT and London Underground will resume talks today to see if they can avoid it.
- And talking of strikes: staff at the ENO have overwhelmingly voted in favour of a strike over pay rises.
- Former head of the NT, Richard Eyre, has revealed that he's been in talks with Stevie Spielberg over a remake of Mary Poppins (which he directed in the West End).
- And in 30-year-old news: Saddam nearly came to London for a back op and a couple of pandas at London Zoo nearly caused a diplomatic row with China.
Last Updated 29 December 2005